1. SwipeView : Infinte Carousels for Mobile Web
SwipeView is the super simple solution to endless seamlessly loopable carousels for the mobile browser. It’s memory conservative as it uses only three elements at any given time, it’s smooth as velvet since it takes advantage of hardware acceleration, it’s bandwidth friendly with its 1.5kb minified/gzipped footprint.
• memory conservative as it uses only three elements at any given time
• running smooth as it takes advantage of hardware acceleration
• bandwidth friendly with its 1.5kb minified/gzipped footprint.
It is standalone, only works for horizontal sliders, can be used for any HTML content and, as expected, there is touch support.
2. VIniSketch Designer : Free Tool for Building Mobile Apps for Mac
ViniSketch Designer is a free software for visually creating mobile applications using web and native technologies. It only works with Mac OS X and provides visual editors for designing the GUI + dataflow besides a code editor to customize the stuff in detail. There is a built-in simulator and debugger which is based on the WebKit’s WebInspector. The apps created are compatible with iOS + Android and other platforms are under development.
3. Touch Punch : Touch Support for jQuery UI
Touch Punch is a small hack which brings touch events to the library by using simulated events to map touch events to their mouse event analogs. It is a plug ‘n’ play solution, just insert the file into your web pages and there is nothing more to setup. The hack works in all the widgets and in most scenarios, however, considering it is a simple hack, make sure you test any complex usage.
4. jqmPhp : HTML Code Genrator for jQuery Mobile
jqmPhp is an open source project that aims to simplify using jQuery Mobile with PHP. It is a pack of PHP classes that can generate the HTML outputs which jQuery Mobile is expecting within few lines. The classes are on separate files (with names parallel to the JQM’s features) so you can choose to only use the necessary ones. It covers almost all the features of the framework, it is very well-documented and supported with examples.
5. Countly : Open Source Mobile Analytics App
Countly is a modern, real-time and open source mobile analytics application which can collect data from mobile phones and visualize that info for analyzing mobile app usage + end-user behavior. It is formed of 3 parts: the Countly server + frontend, iOS SDK and Android SDK. With an event-driven system, almost every action can be tracked including in-app purchases, when a user closes the app, ad-click behavior, etc.
6. Mobjectify : Quickly Build Mobile Web Mockups
Mobjectify is a free web application which makes it so much simpler by offering an awesome web-based mockup builder. The application enables us to create pages and add various web elements(like forms, buttons, content areas, footers, etc.) with few clicks. It also offers multiple themes to choose from or you can create new themes. There is a live preview and results can be exported as a single HTML file anytime.
7. Swipe JS : Standalone Content Slider for Mobile
Swipe JS is a lightweight (3.7kb minified) mobile slider with 1:1 touch movement (sliding content based on exact touch position).
It can display any HTML content and offers a native-like experience with features like:
• resistant bounds (increased resistance to slide when there are no items to display next or before)
• smart resizing on rotation as the slider resets to make sure the sliding elements are sized right
• the size of each slide is set with the width of the container which is useful for passing different widths on responsive designs
• detecting if you’re trying to scroll down the page or slide the content left to right
Also, it has API methods for custom interactions including the display of prev-next items and getting the current position.
8. iWebInspector : Web Debugging Tool for iOS Simulator
9. Ripple : Multi Platform Mobile Environment Emulator
10. Sidetap : Easy to Use Side Navigation Pattern Like Facebook
Sidetap is a simple framework that allows you to quickly build platform-independent mobile web interfaces. It is an easy-to-use implementation of the side navigation pattern popularized by apps like Sparrow and Facebook. It solves many common mobile development problems right out of the box.
Sidetap only weighs 2k when minifyied and gzipped. It aims to always deliver the best possible experience for all devices by starting with a basic experience and progressively enhancing it for more capable devices.